Saturday 15 April 2017

Life stories

Edward is a gentleman with dementia in need of prompting to eat regular meals and assistance with taking his medication. I fear that without our regular visits he'd be living on toast and goodness knows what would happen with his meds! Today I was met at the door with a smile and set to work, gathering his medication from the safe where it is kept. Once the pills were swallowed, signed for and put away, we sat down with a drink. He tells me of travels South Africa with his late wife and all the animals he saw up close. He talks of elephants and lions, so close that you could touch them - at the end of the visit I feel I have travelled the world and not even left St Ouens!

(Please note that names have been changed for the purpose of data protection) 

No comments:

Post a Comment